a brief reply on paganism
Posted: 11 August 2009 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Inner Circle
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1023
Joined  2008-04-25
kalklokard - 11 August 2009 12:05 PM

Likewise with Odinism, which is make-believe Wicca adapted to white pride, there is little that is ‘traditionalist’ about it. I’ve read some of Evola’s trad-occult writings, and I am astonished how little these ‘arch-traditionalists’ understand Christianity. Their views on Christ and the Church are more liberal, marxist, counter-cultural, and modern than anything orthodox or ancient. etc. Most of these WN are no different than the cultural marxists when it comes to religious questions. Pretty worthless in my opinion… at least no better than neocons.

The world can be divided between those who serve Christ and those who reject Him, but within that further division can surely be made. Unequal evils shouldn’t be treated as equally evil.

Odinism or Asatru is supposed to be entirely separate from Wicca, most notably lacking the fabricated Wiccan books. I don’t know any in real life though - it sounds like they’re mostly out where you live.

Traditionalists who reject Christianity should at least understand the role of tradition in society to restrain depraved man. I’ve read some by Evola, but I haven’t yet had a chance to closely study him. I’d thought he at least understood Roman and Greek pagans. Dante’s Virgil is praiseworthy, and civilised pagans who are humbled before their ancestors, laws, trained habits, and vague deism are surely preferred to barbarians who embrace reason and reject everything else. Monogamy is pagan as well as Christian.

The Japanese pagans at least seem to value order and respect the ancestors who came before them as well as nature. They have some strange combination of different faiths, including Christianity, though they also have a sort of uniquely Japanese paganism called Shinto. These people surely wouldn’t embrace transhumanism.

A lot is done nowadays in Christ’s name that Europeans will naturally find objectionable. So, it’s expected that they’ll reject what they think is Christianity. I find it difficult to believe then everyone who rejects the insanity also embraces most aspects of it. The Asatru I’m aware of complains that it has been Christianised - apparently it holds many Christian values though there are also different sects of it…

[ Edited: 12 August 2009 03:17 AM by Frank ]

Posted: 12 August 2009 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Inner Circle
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-25

Some bloggers seem to reject Christ thinking he’s foreign while looking back to the ancient. They’re vaguely traditionalists, and they hold generally Christian values. I didn’t even know these power tripping, super progressive Aryan transhumanists truly existed until recently. I get the impression I live in an entirely different culture from California and New Germany (Germans within America I mean).

I’m wary of being as one woman in Lewis’s Screw Tape Letters: bigoted against pagans. Decent pagans should be tolerated.

In America many of the founders were not Christian, even though the populace obviously was. They’re not ideal, but some are better than others.

[ Edited: 12 August 2009 08:37 AM by Frank ]

Posted: 19 August 2009 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Inner Circle
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-25

Hmm, not all that impressed with Odinism and Asatru links from WVWN site…

[ Edited: 19 August 2009 10:21 PM by Frank ]

{google_analytics_script}